Managing physical desktops and apps can be a challenging task for the IT staff to do. Some of the challenges might include:
- Security and compliance
- Management complexity
- A lot of downtime resulting in productivity losses
- High cost of managing desktops and apps on a day-to-day basis
Some of the main trends driving customers towards VDI and published apps are:
- Windows 10 Migration: Win 7 EOL (1/14/20) is driving a lot of customers towards Windows 10 and that has been a huge inflection point in customers thinking about transforming their desktop and app management as they move to Win10.
- Desktop modernization is a key conversation our customers are having when thinking about transforming the way they manage their physical desktops. Why not take a look at the benefits of VDI and apps to modernize desktop management?
- Security is part of every digital transformation project and is a fundamental reason why customers look at VDI and published app services.
- Device Choice, enterprise mobility and BYOD are trends that continue to be top of mind. Being able to work from anywhere on any device continues to drive IT to think about centrally managing and delivering Windows apps.
These trends are driving customers to use VDI and Apps and is a big reason why VMware are seeing success with Horizon Service in Workspace ONE.
VMware Horizon enables a digital workspace with the efficient delivery of virtual desktops and applications that equips workers anywhere, anytime, and on any device. With deep integration into the VMware technology ecosystem, the platform offers an agile cloud-ready foundation, modern best-in-class management, and end to end security that empowers today’s Anywhere Workspace.
Horizon centralizes end users’ desktops and applications in the datacenter, so IT can efficiently provision new clients, centralize desktop management, and improve security and compliance and is based on 7 key pillars which are:
- Desktops and Apps From a Single Platform
The ability to efficiently and cost-effectively deliver, manage and monitor virtual desktops and published applications to end users who may not need access to a full desktop.
- JMP Technologies
JMP Technologies Eliminate Cost and Complexity:
- Ultra-fast Desktop Provisioning
- Real-Time App Delivery
- Contextual Policy Management
- Great User Experience:
- 4x faster file transfers for cross-continental connections (~100 ms) with slight packet loss (1%) over previous versions
- Over 6x faster file transfers for trans-continental connections (~200 ms) with slight packet loss (1%) over previous versions
- Up to 50% bandwidth reduction in out of box bandwidth use vs. Horizon 7.0.2
- Smart Policies
Policies are tied to the end user allowing IT to be able to provide end users with a truly contextual user experience with policies dynamically changes depending on the device used or the location services are being accessed from.
- Complete Environment Management
- SDDC Integration
- Flexible Delivery
VMware Horizon is a key solution in providing the below features:
- Manage from the Cloud
Efficiently deploy, manage, monitor, and scale desktops and apps across private, hybrid and multi-cloud deployments using a cloud-based console and SaaS management services.
- Modernize Operations
Transform legacy infrastructure with integrated leading-edge technologies that automate the provisioning and management of virtual desktops and apps and deliver the personalization required by end-users.
- Build Resiliency
Adopt a scalable, cloud-based platform that offers the resiliency needed to meet change head-on with flexible deployment options across private and public clouds.
- Secure Data and achieve Compliance
Ensure secure remote access to corporate resources from any device with intrinsic security built into the VMware infrastructure. Integration with Carbon Black boosts security using a zero-trust model.
- Enable Remote Work
Keep employees connected and productive anywhere they work and on any device with a consistent, personalized desktop environment.
- Improve ROI
Achieve cost savings and realize business value with more flexible and reliable access to resources.
We, as NYGCI Consulting Services can provide a complete solution to your Virtual Desktop migration. From assessment, system design and application delivery to desktop deployment, integration, security and systems management, our expertise ensures success the first time.